wadenalogodepotwadena
 
         
 

 

Home

History

About Us

Rental Information

Current Projects

Calendar

Depot Tours

Gift Shoppe

Friends of the Depot

Murals of Minnesota

Food and Lodging

Things to See and Do

Links

Contact Us

Directions

 

HISTORY

The former Northern Pacific Passenger Depot in Wadena was built in 1915. It is on the
National Register of Historic Places and is surrounded on the east and west by a city park,
to the north by the active BNSF railroad and on the south by a paved parking lot
in which is located a large 1916 bandstand.


It is a centerpiece in the town of Wadena and is an integral part of the promotion of
Wadena’s historic downtown, three other National Register Properties as well as 53
other historically significant properties.

Passenger service was discontinued in 1971 and the building was vacant until April 24,
2008 when the Partners for a Healthy Wadena Region (Partners) moved their office
to the location. Partners is the local community 501 ( c) (3 ) nonprofit that organized
and funded the restoration efforts that began when The Partners leased the property
from the City in July of 2003.

 

np1900

npdepot

 

restore depot

Click HERE to see Restoration Photos

For a tour or to book your event call: 218-632-5999

 
       


 
         
 
©2013 The Depot Wadena, All Rights Reserved